Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Well, since I made it to Harper's Ferry I have been resting.  Denise flew down to D.C. and we spent the Memorial Day weekend together.  It was fantastic to see her - we haven't seen oneanother since she dropped me off at Logan on March,17.  I arrived at Harper's Ferry ahead of schedule and was going to hike on a couple of days before I came into D.C., but Denise suggested that I take the time to rest my sore feet. I'm glad that I listened to her, because I feel much better.  We had a wonderful time in the city.  We toured around and saw the monuments.  Yes we walked.....it gave me a chance to break in the new shoes Denise brought to me.  We had some wonderful dinners, went to the Smithonian, and saw the Memorial Day parade.  It was sad to see Denise go.  Today, Tuesday, May 29, I am heading back to Harper's Ferry and jumping back on the trail.  The next three weeks will be a fast moving pace ( I hope).  It has been in the 90's this week, and hopefully I will have cooler weather the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment