Friday, June 1, 2012

Today is Friday, June 1.  I have hiked out of Harper's Ferry and am at mile 1,095 just past the official halfway point of mile 1,092.  I hope to be in New Jersey sometime between Sunday, June 9 and Tuesday, June 11 - we'll see.  Parts of Pennsylvania are flat and high mileage days, but some parts of Pennsylvania are very rocky and slow going.  I just don't know what my daily mileage will be.  For the past couple of weeks I've been anywhere from 18 to 30 miles per day.  Since I've been off the trail for a week, some people I had hiked  past have caught up and it has been good seeing them; others have moved ahead, and I'd like to catch up to them.  The past few days have been hot and muggy, but a big weather front is moving through and the forecast for the next few days calls for mid 70's temperatures and lower humidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment