Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hi everyone. Today is Tuesday, July 31.  I have struggled with this violent illness for the past few days.  I was up all night  Saturday sick - took a turn for the worst.  Denise made the 2 hour drive and came up to Andover Sunday morning and picked me up and brought me home so I could recover.  It is now Tuesday and I am feeling better and will go back to the trail tomorrow morning, Wednesday, August 1.  I am a little discouraged because I was making good time and thought I'd be done by the 10th; and people I've been hiking with are finishing up this week and next.  I am just grateful that my trip is not at an end and that I am able to go back to the trail and continue on. I have only about 250 miles left, and will complete the trail by the date I had originally planned on finishing - August 15.  I will put in Andover, re-supply in Stratton, maybe stop in Caratunk, and re-supply in Monson before I enter the 100 mile wilderness, and then Mt. Katahdin.

No comments:

Post a Comment