Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today is Wednesday, July 11.  Well since I took a zero day in Manchester Vermont I have felt much better.  The aches and pains are gone, I think mostly as a result of a new pair of shoes that Denise brought to me in Norwich, VT.  The replacement shoes I had did not give me the proper fit and support and was the cause of my aches and pains. When I left Manchester it took me another 4 days to get to Norwich.  I was a day short of hiking into Hanover, NH.  Denise came up to Norwich for the weekend and I was picked up 23 miles short of Hanover on Friday.  From Friday afternoon through Sunday morning I visited with the lovely Denise, her sister Celine and husband Dale, and the baking queen Sarah who is at King Arthur Flour for her CIA internship.  We had a fantastic time visiting, sightseeing, and dinning.  On Sunday, Denise drove me back to the point on the trail that I exited on Friday.  From there I slacked packed the 23 miles back into Hanover, NH.  I have completed Vermont and am now at mile 1785 in Glencliff, NH; only 399 miles to go. Today, I took a Nero and am eating, eating, and eating and getting some rest before I start the big climbs in the White Mountains.  Tomorrow, I will climb Mt. Moosilauke and go through Kinsman Notch, and come out at Franconia Notch.  I will resupply and head for Mt Lafayette (second highest to Washington).  I will be taking my time through New Hampshire.  It will be in the 90"s the next couple of days so the climbing will be slow.  I'm talking with a couple who just came in from slack packing and I'm getting the low down on how to slack pack through the White's as much as I can.  Hope I can make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment